XLE-440 Filmtec Brackish Water RO Membrane
- XLE-440 will operate in many systems at less than half the feed pressure of a standard high rejection RO element and at up to 30% less pressure than other low energy membranes, resulting in lifetime energy savings greater than 100% of the initial membrane investment.
- With 440 square feet (41 square meters) of active membrane area, the FILMTEC XLE- 440 element gives system designers the option of designing a system with fewer membrane elements, requiring lower capital expenditures for membranes and compenents.
- Automated, precision fabrication allows for the industry’s highest active membrane area without compromising the thickness of the feed spacer, resulting in less fouling, less cleaning downtime and lower operating costs than competitive products using thinner spacers.
- XLE-440 is perfectly suited for cold water feeds as the element’s high productivity will deliver lower energy costs and/or higher permeate flow.
- Membrane Type Polyamide Thin-Film Composite
- Maximum Operating Temperature 113°F (45°C)
- Maximum Operating Pressure 600 psig (41 bar)
- Maximum Pressure Drop 15 psig (1.0 bar)
- pH Range, Continuous Operation 2 – 11
- pH Range, Short-Term Cleaning (30 min.) 1 – 13
- Maximum Feed Silt Density Index (SDI) SDI 5
- Free Chlorine Tolerance< 0.1 ppm